Important Summer Updates
Longfellow Middle School Summer Updates
We hope you are having an enjoyable summer! We have been busy getting our school ready for all the exciting, engaging and innovative learning that will take place during the 2019-20 school year. In the coming weeks you will receive a packet of required school forms in the mail. You will need to bring the completed forms to Open House. Please review the information below for a list of important dates and school information.
7th grade Open House- Tuesday, August 20 from 3:00pm to 6:00pm
8th grade Open House- Wednesday, August 21 from 3:00pm to 5:30pm
- Students pick up their class schedules and locker assignments. Enter through door #1 and visit the check-in tables in the front lobby. Medication may be dropped off in the clinic. Bus schedules will be in the Lecture Hall. Please note, the beginning is typically the busiest and most crowded time.
Orientation for 7th graders and 8th graders new to FCPS- Thursday, August 22 from 9:00am to 11:00am
- Students walk through their class schedules and meet their teachers. Bus transportation is provided from base elementary schools. Pick-up and drop-off times will be forthcoming. The Kiss and Ride line will also be available for drop-off and pick-up.
- Students who did not attend Open House should report to the library to turn in completed required forms and receive class schedules and locker assignments.
Make-up day- Friday, August 23 from 8:00am to 12:00pm in the Main Office
- If you are unable to attend the Open House, you may submit completed forms and receive your student’s class schedule, locker assignment and bus schedule at this time.
First day of school- Monday, August 26 at 7:30am
- Students who are unable to attend the events above should report to the library on the first day of school. Please send all required forms to school with your student. Counselors will be available to assist students, collect forms, and distribute class schedules, locker assignments, and bus schedules.
Back to School Night- Wednesday, September 11 from 6:00pm to 8:00pm
- Parents/guardians walk through their student’s class schedule, meet the teachers, and learn about the classes.
StudentVUE and ParentVUE
The ‘Course Request’ tab is no longer available, as we are in the process of creating our school schedule. Class schedules will be available, on August 22, by clicking the ‘Class Schedule’ tab in StudentVUE and ParentVUE.
Individual teachers will provide students with supply lists during the first week of school. There is a generic list of general supplies posted on our school website: https://longfellowms.fcps.edu/resources/supply-lists
The Longfellow school day begins at 7:30am and ends at 2:15pm. A more detailed view of our bell schedule can be viewed here:
We highly encourage you to join the Longfellow PTA by visiting their website: https://www.longfellowpta.org/. Longfellow offers numerous programs and an abundance of educational resources due to our strong PTA membership.
Enjoy the rest of your summer! We look forward to welcoming your family to Longfellow shortly!