New Student Registration
Para ver esta página en español, haga clic en el botón azul español en español que se encuentra arriba.
Welcome to Longfellow Middle School!
We're excited to welcome our newest Lancers!
We are a school in Fairfax County, Virginia.
New students fall into one of two registration categories:
- Students who are new to Longfellow Middle School and are not currently enrolled in another school in FCPS.
- 7th and 8th-grade students who are new to Longfellow Middle School and who are currently enrolled in FCPS, but did not most recently attend either Chesterbrook ES, Franklin Sherman ES, Haycock ES, Kent Gardens ES, or Timber Lane ES.
- If the student did attend one of the elementary schools listed above as a 6th-grade student, there is nothing that needs to be completed. The student records will be automatically transferred to Longfellow MS.
To join Longfellow Middle School, determine if your student lives in our boundary by viewing the FCPS boundary locator.
If your student does live in the Longfellow MS boundary, please fill out the new student registration form below. This form will be submitted to Cleofe White, our Student Services Assistant, who will be able to assist you with the new student registration process.
New Student Registration Forms
- View and complete the forms enrollment bundle.
- This form bundle allows you to enter data once and to have it appear in multiple locations.
- View and complete the FCPS minimum immunization requirements.
- Middle school students entering FCPS are not required to have a physical.
Visit the FCPS registration page to learn more.
Student families wishing to register a student with a home language other than or in addition to English should please contact the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center. Here professionals may assess your student's English language skill and/or educational level. These assessments can provide valuable information to the local school and support your child's instructional needs.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center webpage.
Special registration situations can include nonparent registrations, situations involving divorced or separated parents, homelessness, foster care, and foreign exchange students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Special Registration Situations webpage.
FCPS welcomes responsive and collaborative communication and partnerships with the parents and families of our students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Military Registration webpage.